Sunday, October 3, 2010

Buffalo Tour Recap

As some of you know, I accompanied my illustrator husband Daniel on a mini-tour in support of the book he illustrated IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN?  The author, New Jersey native Audrey Vernick was on hand for 3 of the dates.

First up was the Princeton Book Festival in NJ on September 11th.

Daniel and Audrey signed books and greeted fans.


Including these adorable twins:


Audrey poses in her Buffalo hat with Erica S Perl and her Dotty hat. (Love Dotty by the way!)


Afterwards, Daniel and I went out with my best friend from Jr. High, Laura, who I hadn't seen since she moved away the summer after 8th grade!  She's now engaged to another high school friend and it was amazing to see them again!

And then, on September 14th, Daniel and Audrey signed books at the powerHouse Arena in Brooklyn, NY. The turnout wasn't great because it was a Tuesday afternoon, but it was still fun to see Lauren, Chelsy, Jeff and Bemi.

Audrey poses in a Buffalo mask with Daniel and their HarperCollins editor Kristin Daly Rens (in Audrey's Buffalo hat).


Then, Daniel and Audrey signed books at Hooray for Books in Alexandria, VA on Sept 19th.  Lots of book bloggers here: Michelle, Jenn, Swapna, Deborah, James, Diana.  And irl friends Ann, Heather, and Margaret.  (I also have to give a shout-out to Michelle for the homemade lasagna!)


On Sept 21st, Daniel was the special guest for Watermark's Story Time Hour in Wichita, KS.  He read aloud from the book and made original drawings for the children in attendance, including Melissa's daughter.



And then on Sept 25th, Daniel was a special guest at Watermark's Teacher Appreciation Day.  He also read and signed books.  Biggest turnout of the tour!  Lots of family and my friend Rachelle. (And thanks to Josh for the excellent dinner!)

ETA: Just got word that IS YOUR BUFFALO READY FOR KINDERGARTEN? was #1 on Watermark's bestseller list this week! (#9 last week) Go Buffalo!


Thank you to everyone who came out!  It was great hanging out with you.  Maybe next year we can get more places.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, hooray for Watermark and a big turnout! :-) I'm sorry I didn't stay and chat, but it's difficult to corral my 4-year-old sometimes.

Tasha said...

Looks like a successful tour! Great photos!

Amanda said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there, even if my boys are past the picture book age. :)

Anonymous said...

That is really cool!

bermudaonion said...

I wish I could have been there for one of his tour stops!

Staci said...

I'm so thrilled for your husband's success!

Zibilee said...

This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing your experiences on the tour and the photos with us, it sounds like you guys had a great time!

Linda said...

We had so much fun that day Lenore! Mom is still talking about it! And YAY for being #1 this week. I saved the page out of the paper for you...

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news that it is No. one at the bookstore in Wichita. It was great seeing both of you and being part of the celebration. Love you both.

Rhonda

BookChic said...

It was great seeing you again and Buffalo has got to be the cutest thing I've ever read. I'll let you know what my roomie's niece and nephew think of it. I think my roomie's heading up to see them next month maybe? They'll get it then. Also, my recap of the event will be going up tomorrow. :)

Oh and let me know what you think of Russian Winter! What made you pick it up? Unless you received it through review or some other way?

Anna (Diary of an Eccentric) said...

Awesome! Looks like you all had a great time.

Michelle said...

It was so great to have you and Daniel visit! You gave me the chance to use my kitchen, haha.

Congrats on a successful tour! Hope to see you again soon :)

MyLibraryCardWoreOut said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there.

Kelly said...

Oh, I'm so sad we weren't in the States for the Buffalo tour! It is really one of Scarlett's favorite books. Maybe we can hope the illustrator will make a special tour stop in Senegal?? :)